Last Updated and Effective: October 27, 2023
How we handle your data
This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use and disclosure of Personal Information when you use our Service.
Hence by using the Service, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
Information collection and use
Information we collect
Identifying information: We collect information that could identify you such as your name, mobile number, and email address. We may also collect this type of information from you about others, such as co-borrowers.
Financial information: We may also collect your credit history, credit scores, your transaction history, and credit products, rates, and payments in the course of processing any application for our financial company partners’ products or services.
Other information: We also collect information such as demographic data, data about your online activity, and other information that is not used to identify you.
How we collect information
Information provided by you: We collect information from you when you enter it or otherwise provide it in connection with an inquiry into our Services.
This information could be provided via an online form, over the phone, or via other means in which you interact with our Services.
Information from third parties: Information is collected from credit bureaus, lead generators and other partners who may have data on your financial profile, home, or other demographic information.
This information may include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data.
We may combine this automatically collected log information with other information we collect about you.
How we may use your information
The main purposes for which your personal data is collected, used or disclosed by CashOctopus in Singapore are to:
- Provide you with our loan products and services
- Improve our products and services.
- Process payments
- Address questions and feedback
- Manage your account
Who may we share your information with?
CashOctopus affiliates: We may share information about you or provided by you with our affiliates.
Network partners: When you submit an inquiry or use another Service provided through the Website, you direct CashOctopus to share information about you or provided by you with lenders and other third parties in our network to deliver the products and services you request (collectively, “Network Partners”).
The Network Partners that interact with you may retain or use your information whether or not you use their services, and their privacy and information sharing practices are set forth in their respective privacy policies.
Pursuant to the contracts between CashOctopus and its Network Partners, if you select a Network Partner through our Services, CashOctopus may also receive information about you from that Network Partner including, but not limited to, the amount or disposition of your Loan.
CashOctopus and its Network Partners may exchange information about you, your loan terms, and your accounts for the purpose of providing you with information about financial services and products.
CashOctopus may maintain this information to assist with litigation, regulatory request(s), law enforcement requests, internal analytics, marketing purposes, and any other legally permissible purpose.
Financial companies: We may also share information about you with other Financial Companies with whom we engage in joint marketing efforts, or who offer financial related products or services that you may be interested in. These companies’ privacy and information sharing practices are set forth in their respective privacy policies.
Other business partners: We also may share information about you with other business partners that offer products and services that we believe you may be interested in. Their privacy and information sharing practices are set forth in their respective privacy policies.
CashOctopus service providers: We may share information with Service Providers that perform certain services on our behalf including, but not limited to, credit bureaus, marketing partners, or entities providing business analysis and/or Website or product support.
We may also employ third-party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service, to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analysing how our Service is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Information only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
Other situations: We may also disclose information about you or provided by you at our sole discretion and under the following scenarios if necessary:
- In response to a subpoena or similar investigative demand, a court order, a request for cooperation from a law enforcement agency, self-regulatory body, or other governmental agency; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as we reasonably believe is required by law. In such cases, we may raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us.
- When we believe disclosure is appropriate in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding actual or suspected illegal activity or other wrongdoing; to protect and defend the rights, property, or safety of the CashOctopus business, our users, our employees, or others; or to enforce our Site’s terms and conditions or other agreements or policies.
- In connection with a substantial corporate transaction involving the CashOctopus business, such as a sale of CashOctopus or any entity, brand or division thereof, a divestiture, merger, consolidation, asset sale, or bankruptcy.
- In connection with licensing requirements regarding the reporting of information contained in the loan inquiries we receive from you. You authorise CashOctopus to obtain any and all required information from the entities with whom you have interacted with in connection with CashOctopus in order for CashOctopus to comply with current laws and regulations, as well as with any requests from industry regulators. This information could include, but is not necessarily limited to, the loan you selected and the terms of the loan you selected.
- We may share information with third parties that is not personally identifying, such as aggregated or anonymised data, in our discretion, where not prohibited by law.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us, but please note that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure.
While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
By using our Service, you accept and agree to undertake this risk.
Links to other sites
Our Service may contain links to other sites that are not operated by us. If you click on a third-party link, you will be directed to that third party’s site.
We have no control over, and assume no responsibility for the security, content, privacy policies or practices of any third-party sites or services.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 21 (“Children”). We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children and teenagers below the age of 21.
If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with Personal Information, please contact us.
If we discover that a person below 21 years old has provided us with Personal Information, we will delete such information from our servers immediately.
Personal data protection statement
We aim to comply with the requirements of the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (“PDPA”) and respect your choices with regard to your personal data. Visit the Personal Data Protection Commission’s website at http://www.pdpc.gov.sg for more information about PDPA in general.